New York JFK Flights Guide
John F Kennedy International Airport is one of the busiest airports in the world, as well as being the major centre for national and international flights in North America. It's located 24km southeast from Downtown Manhattan and is used by over 90 airlines. There are flights to and from JFK from every major city in the world, from Paris and Johannesburg to Cairo and Beijing.
The airport is immense, with eight different terminals offering every facility imaginable. In fact, Terminal Four is home to an art museum and a large shopping mall! The other seven terminals are equally full of facilities, including shops, restaurants and entertainment venues. Because JFK is so huge, it's easy to get lost - and passengers who have to change terminals have to give themselves lots of time to get from one to the other (there are free shuttles between terminals, each taking approximately 8 minutes). Despite, this, JFK seems to manage the 46 million passengers that pass through it.
There are numerous facilities for passengers to get to and from JFK, including taxis, car rental and a train service called AirTrain that links JFK to the subway, train and bus system, all of which service the city centre. There's also SuperShuttle Manhattan, a 24-hour shared door-to-door service that links Battery Park and 227th Street with a number of hotels throughout Manhattan, with links to Queens, Battery Park and Staten Island. A regular bus service by New York Airport Service runs to and from the city, LGA Airport and hotels located in the Midtown area.
JFK's numerous facilities include ATMs and currency exchange services, wireless internet access, various restaurants, cafes and bars, duty free and other shops, luggage storage, lost and found, a chapel, medical centre, baby change facilities and shoeshine services. Passgengers have a wide choice of conference and business facilities as well as numerous airport lounges. There is also a number of hotels nearby with shuttle services to and from JFK.
Currently, Terminal Four has replaced Terminal Three as the base for Delta Airlines flights, and Terminal Three has been closed for renovations. The TWA Terminal is also due to be redeveloped and a new luxury hotel is to be built on the site.
Flights to New York JFK from the UK
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
New York JFK Travel Facts
- New York JFK connects to 16 United Kingdom airports.
- Direct flights between United Kingdom and New York JFK take approximately 6
hours 40 minutes or 5362 kilometres.
- Pakistan International Airlines offer direct flights from Manchester to New York JFK.
- American Airlines offer direct flights from Manchester to New York JFK.
- Kuwait Airways offer direct flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK.
- British Airways offer direct flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK.
- Delta Air Lines offer direct flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK.
- Virgin Atlantic Airways offer direct flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK.
- American Airlines offer direct flights from London Heathrow to New York JFK.
- 7 airlines fly
directly between the UK and New York JFK.
Flights to New York JFK
- USA: Flights to New York JFK
Popular Destinations Nearby
Browse the New York JFK