Manchester Flights Guide
Mention Manchester and football springs to mind, for this city in the northwest of England is home to Manchester United and Manchester City, tw of the most famous football teams in the world. But there is a lot more to Manchester than just football. In fact, this vibrant city is a very young, exciting, bustling city, equally famous for its music scene
In Victorian times, Manchester was famous for being the birthplace of rail travel and the place where the Rolls Royce was created. The city, which is just 48km from Liverpool (where another famous football team is located!) has rid itself of its drab exterior and is now full of museums, art galleries, lush parks and gardens, shops, restaurants and markets, and some very eye-catching modern buildings, many of which are found in the Millennium Quarter, and offer a charming contrast to the Victorian buildings alongside them.
As two of the largest universities in the United Kingdom are located in Manchester, it also boasts a lively student community, who create a youthful buzz. The city continues its legendary sporting prowess with the opening of the National Football Museum in 2012 and the construction of the spectacular Ethiad Stadium, where a number of sports highlights will be held, culminating in the highlight, the Rugby World Cup, in 2015.
Flights to Manchester from the UK
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Manchester Travel Facts
- Manchester connects to 27 United Kingdom airports.
- Direct flights between United Kingdom and Manchester take approximately 45 minutes or 221 kilometres.
- Aurigny Air Services offer direct flights from Bristol to Manchester.
- British Airways offer direct flights from London Heathrow to Manchester.
- bmi offer direct flights from London Heathrow to Manchester.
- Biman Bangladesh Airlines offer direct flights from London Heathrow to Manchester.
- British Airways offer direct flights from London Gatwick to Manchester.
- Flybe offer direct flights from Glasgow to Manchester.
- 6 airlines fly
directly between the UK and Manchester.
Flights to Manchester
- USA: Flights to Manchester
Popular Destinations Nearby
Manchester Holidays Guide
Manchester is the home of Manchester United and Manchester City Football Clubs, with tours of Old Trafford and the City of Manchester Stadium available to the public. The Lowry is situated by the Manchester Ship Canal and includes art galleries and restaurants. The Museum of Science and Industry charts the industrial past of the city. A free shuttle bus operates in the city, allowing easy access to all attractions. Manchester is accessible by air with British Airways and Flybe, amongst other airlines.
Manchester Holidays Manchester
Airport United Kingdom
Browse the Manchester