Amsterdam Flights Guide
This charming city of narrow canals and tall skinny buildings is a pleasure to explore. Amsterdam's cobbled squares are legendary: there's vibrant Leidseplein which is lined with coffee shops, theatres and restaurants; Museumplein, where many of the city's museums are located including the spectacular Rijksmuseum; and Rembrandtplein, famous for its vibrant nightlife. Cross bridges that are just tall enough to let barges sail beneath and explore this fascinating city's narrow streets. You'll notice that everybody cycles here, so hire a bicycle yourself, or enjoy a trip on one of the sightseeing barges available, to get an insight into what Amsterdam looks like from the water.
Amsterdam has so many interesting sights... Visit Anne Frank House, where Anne and her family hid in an annex for two years during the Second World War to escape the Nazis. Explore fascinating museums full of historical artefacts, including the Amsterdam Museum, home to some of the most beautiful works of art in the world and the magnificent Rijksmuseum, one of the most famous museums in the world.
Visit the magnificent 17th Century Royal Palace, which was used as the Town Hall until 1808, when Louis Napoleon, Bonaparate's brother, lived when he reigned for a short time as King of the Netherlands. Next to the palace is the exquisite Niewe Kerk, or New Church, which was built in the 15th Century. It's the most important church in the Netherlands and has been meticulously restored.
There's also the beautiful Renaissance-style Westerkerk where Rembrandt is buried in an unmarked grave. Climb to the top of the church tower, the Westertoren for a panoramic view of Amsterdam. And take some time to bargain at a choice of markets, sample beer at excellent bars and nightclubs, and enjoy fresh herring from a streetside stall.
Flights to Amsterdam from the UK
Historical Rates - A Guide Only.
Amsterdam Travel Facts
- Amsterdam connects to 24 United Kingdom airports.
- Direct flights between United Kingdom and Amsterdam take approximately 52 minutes or 313 kilometres.
- easyJet offer direct flights from London Stansted to Amsterdam.
- easyJet offer direct flights from London Gatwick to Amsterdam.
- British Airways offer direct flights from London Gatwick to Amsterdam.
- British Airways offer direct flights from London Heathrow to Amsterdam.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer direct flights from London Heathrow to Amsterdam.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer direct flights from Manchester to Amsterdam.
- easyJet offer direct flights from Manchester to Amsterdam.
- easyJet offer direct flights from Bristol to Amsterdam.
- easyJet offer direct flights from Glasgow to Amsterdam.
- KLM Royal Dutch Airlines offer direct flights from Glasgow to Amsterdam.
- 10 airlines fly
directly between the UK and Amsterdam.
Flights to Amsterdam
- USA: Flights to Amsterdam
Popular Destinations Nearby
Amsterdam Holidays Guide
Amsterdam, in the Netherlands, is a popular weekend destination from the UK. Major attractions include a visit to Anne Frank‚Äôs house and a boat trip on the famous canals. Amsterdam is also well known for its red light district. Flights are available to Amsterdam with KLM, with a flight time of approximately 1 hour and 20 minutes. Other airlines including Easyjet and British Airways also fly from the UK to Amsterdam.
Amsterdam Holidays Amsterdam
Browse the Amsterdam